The Guild News

I'm self-employed and I use my own van for work – can I get any tax deductions?

Yes – provided that you are travelling to different work sites and not commuting. If your work base is at home then all travel to work sites is likely to be tax deductible. If your income is below the VAT registration threshold (currently £77,000) when you start to use the van, you can claim a mileage rate (currently 45p a mile for the first 10,000 miles in the tax year and then 25p a mile for each mile over 10,000 miles).

Request Callback
Fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will be in touch with you shortly.